Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Legacy


Dr. Maya Angelou passed from this earth today. I was not expecting the depth of emotion I experienced when I read the headlines and processed the news. I did not know her personally. Though I will admit, I had always hoped to meet her. I hope one day I may still on the other side of eternity. 

I find myself deeply saddened at the loss of this great light in a darkened world. Dr. Angelou's life has been one driven by fierce determination and grace. It has inspired thousands upon thousands. 

As I mourn her loss, I am comforted by the legacy she leaves behind. We will miss her presence, yes. But her voice? No. Her voice will echo on in the words she has written. 

She has left us a rich and vibrant legacy. A beautiful memorial to a beautiful soul. Her words inspire, lend courage, and offer wisdom that will last to the end of the ages. 

Beautiful woman, you will indeed be remembered just as you hoped. Thank you for teaching. Thank you for being. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment